Monday, May 5, 2014

First Steps

                                                      First Steps

This is exciting, nerve racking...ahhh! Now that that is out of the way here i go. This is the my first post. A little overwhelming, to say the least.

I have seen the writing on the wall. It took awhile. A lot of ignoring its call. Trying to look in places that revealed... not a thing, except folly and a lot of wasted time! Trying to come up with my own ideas as to how life ought to play out!
 I was fooling myself and have learned the lessons accompanying these missteps.
Answering the call i have chosen. Placing myself at the mercy of words. Setting out to write, what that will lead to I really do not know. I begin with the steps of writing on a daily basis. Fiction is what i aim at. Writing is the game i seek to play. Plenty of ideas to put on paper. Just gotta do it and not worry about my level of talent.
Having looked back since setting out on this path i have noticed all the ideas or clips and images I have let fall like setting them down on quicksand. Bright idea, right. I don't think so either.
All that said,i set out to paint the picture of what I have forsaken. I am not beating myself up or pondering on regret, but to reassure myself that this was and is the direction in which to move. Step by step I will climb.
Wide open is the horizon. Full of wonder and potential. Daunting, but not overwhelming. Not letting it become to big because to travel down that road is trouble. Full of bumps, holes, detours and construction I would become paralyzed. Just do it comes to mind and so I will. The world is a blank page. With sweat, rusty typing fingers and plenty of curiosity let the journey begin.
I know this is short but the days tasks must be done. Such is the story of life.

Understanding that the need for like minds i search out the advice and dare I say potential criticism needed to propel me forward. Also for bloggers to bounce ideas off of with.

As the light sets its sights upon promptong you to follow, do it whatever way you can. Shine and brighten as you walk your path.

No comments:

Post a Comment